Monday, November 30, 2009

These are a Few of My Favorite HOLIDAYS and the WINNERS for OUR FAVE DECADES! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Soooooooooooooooooo first QUESTION of the day....how do U all like the little ELF videos I made with the DT's photos???? LOL LOL LOL...I think I have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooo much time on my hands!! LOL!!! If U have a moment...try and look at each one...as each group is doing a different DANCE!!! LOL!!! Of course...I'm a little biased...but I think me and Chris break dancing is the BESTEST one!! LOL!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Wow wow wow wow wow wow!!!! We are SERIOUSLY amazed at all the decades that came to be in this past challenge!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Totally made me remember the music and the styles of each decade that U all put on paper!!!! WOW!!! And even MORE news!!! We WERE going to HAVE TWO WINNERS for this challenge ... BUT the VOTING was sooooooooooooooooooooo CLOSE this time....in FACT we had a TWO WAY TIE.............so I am going to spin things a bit and ADD a THIRD WINNER who will be getting a prize from me!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooooooooooooo without FURTHER ado..... our first WINNER is .... SORAYA!!!!!!! Look at this AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING RUBIK'S CUBE she made to represent the 1980's!!! Soooooooooooooooo COOL!!! CONGRATS SORAYA!!!! WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWW!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Soraya will be winning the prize pack from Amy!! :)


 


Our SECOND winner is MARIT!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)  Look at this HOLY AMAZING MINI she made to represent all the DECADES of this century!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! Sooooooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) CONGRATS MARIT!!!!!! U will be winning the prize offered from our GDT Michelle!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)



 

Our THIRD WINNER is JESSI!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) And it JUST HAPPENS to BE JESSI'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSI!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):)  Look at the WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY COOL MINI she made to represent the '50's, '60's, 70's and 80's!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this soooooooooooooooo MUCH!!!!! CONGRATS JESSI!!!! U will be winning a prize from me!!!! Or maybe I can cheat and call it your late Birthday present??!!??!!??!!  LOL LOL LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


 

Ladies....please email me at bmwgirl@cox.net with your addresses so we can get your prizes out to U! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Now -  our NEXT challenge!!! These are a FEW of MY FAVORITE HOLIDAYS!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Here is the US, we just had Thanksgiving and Christmas and Hanukkah are RIGHT around the corner as is Kwanzaa!!!! And Sinterklaas is coming to the Netherlands from Spain this Saturday the 5th of December sooooooooooooooo I thought this WOULD be a PERFECT challenge this time of year!!!!  We all have a FAVE HOLIDAY!!!!! Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, the 4th of July (in the US that is! LOL!).....soooooooooooo what is YOUR FAVE HOLIDAY????? We WOULD love to see it!!!!! Again we will have TWO prizes this time!!!! One donated from our GDT Michelle and another a $15.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE to SCRAPBOOK.com offered by Georgia!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Here is what our AMAZING DT created!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

First....from our GDT Michelle!!!! HOLY SMOKES would U look at this!!! HOLY HOLY HOLY SMOKES!!!!!! This is JUST GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Her FAVE SEASON is CHRISTMAS!!!!! All those little circles flip up and show her favorite Christmas traditions!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Seriously.....Michelle has got SUCH  talent!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this sooooooooooooooo much!!! I included a close up that Michelle sent me to show the details of the circles!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


 


And from Bekka...OMYGOSH!!! Her FAVE HOLIDAY is Christmas and her FAMILY makes HOMEMADE presents for each other!!! *sigh* Bekka....I know I am like a hundred years older than U....but will U please ADOPT ME???? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)  I want to have homemade gifts from U!!! LOOK how ADORABLE those gifts are!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Next is from my sweet sweet sweet AMY!!!  Her FAVE HOLIDAY is Christmas!!!!! Look at all those YUMMY vintage goodies on here!! *sigh* *love* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Amy just rocks my vintage world!!!! Here is what Amy has to say about her lo: "My favorite memories of Christmas have always been Christmas morning....When I was little I loved getting up before everyone else to see what "santa" brought. My favorite present of all was my stocking. My mom would fill it up with sweet little presents...music, make up, jewelry and my favorite candies....I loved those Life Saver Story Books. Now I get to have those memories with my own children.....I carry on the tradition with overflowing stockings....I love the excitement in the morning and the family time we have all day long. I love the Christmas Holidays." *sigh** how precious is that???? LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And *sigh* look what Deana created!!!!! Her FAVE HOLIDAY is Christmas!!!! :):):):):):):) She used the newest line from Nikki Silvils, North Pole Nights!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that Deana didn't "have" to use a photo to tell her story...she journaled it!!!!!! She lists all her FAVE Christmas traditions!!!  I love the one that says they watch "Its a Wonderful Life" a gazillion times....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Deana, can I come over when U watch that??? I loveeeeeeeeeee that MOVIE!!!! :):):):):):):) I sooooooooooooooooooooooo loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Ok...next up...soooooooo my DARLING GEORGIA sent me an email asking me if it was ok if she borrowed some photos from my personal blog of my Christmas lights I have at my house and she told me it was for some DT work....I was like...OMYGOSH!!!! I'd be honored!!! Georgia borrowing some of my PHOTOS to make lo's!?!?!?! Are U kidding me!?!?!? I have admired Georgia since I first "met" her on SIS...and I was soooooooooooooooooo EXCITED she was gonna make a lo using my photos!!! Can I get a little *eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk*!! :):):):):):):):):):):) At the time...I had noooooooooooooooooo idea that she was gonna use them for this CHALLENGE!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK again!!!!! Look at what she made using photos of my house!!! Isn't it GORGEOUS!!??!!??  She makes my photos look sooooooooooooooooo much BETTER!!!! Thanks Georgia for thinking of me when it came to YUMMY CHRISTMAS time!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this more than I could ever ever ever ever tell U!!!! *swoon* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And ok...Lisa doesn't know this yet....but I am sooooooooooooooo COMING to her Mom's house this Christmas!!!! LOOK at those dolls!! Lisa has told a story of going to her Mom's for Christmas and spending hours looking at all the vintage pieces her Mom has displayed at Christmas!!! *sigh* this makes me soooooooooooooo happy!!! Soooooooooooo I hope my family doesn't mind....(lol...Lisa's Mom either...lol!) but yeah...I'll be heading to her house this Christmas to see all her goodies! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)  Those dolls are BEAUTIFUL Lisa...and I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that PERFECT TITLE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And HOLY OMYGOSH!!! If any of U know me...than U know my HEART melts for WALL HANGINGS!!!! And look what Jeanet created to showcase her FAVE HOLIDAY...CHRISTMAS!!!!!! Holy SMOKES woman!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo, and i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the pine needles and cones and that vintage book cover for the back piece!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! is there a "into my faves" button on blogs??? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) And ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm Jeanet...please tell the "boss" where U got the hanging piece that U used to hang this?!!? Please??? :):):):):):):):):) I soooooooooooooo need one of those! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


*sigh* my JAMIE!!! I got an email from her earlier last week telling me that she was sick and also in the process of moving and she may not get a lo done for this challenge and I was like...no worries girl....just take care of what needs done and GET BETTER!!!!! ...then I go to our "secret place" and I see her lo in there....and I was like....SILLY girl...but even sick and packing and moving....look at this STUNNING LO she made!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! Ok...Jamie....u have to LOAN (all right...GIVE!! lol!) me some of your talent...cuz I can't even make something this gorgeous when I'm HEALTHY!!! LOL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the design, the photo....and look at the bits of YUMMY glitter on those flowers!!!!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Ok...this NEXT one....I at first was picking my JAW up off the floor at its innovative beauty and then then then then...I was laughing soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard at what Jenneke HAD to say about this PHOTO in her Christmas LO for FAVE HOLIDAY!!! LOL!!! ............. ok... soooooooooo she says that she JUST loves this older photo of her kids....but but but HER EX-HUSBAND is in the photo too...soooooooooooooooo ,,, lol lol lol lol...she made him look like Santa and now its all BETTER!! LOL!! Is that NOT the funniest STORY!?!?!?! LOL!  And then I was like....holy cow...she made SNOWBALLS on here!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! This is JUST AWESOME JENNEKE!!!!! WOW!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And my AMAZING Chris!!! Her FAVE HOLIDAY is THANKSGIVING!!! I am IN LOVE with the vintage feel to this!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! This is what Chris had to say about Thanksgiving: "I love Thanksgiving because it's a time when we get together and just eat, talk, laugh, and enjoy - no expectations, no decorating, no let down afterwards - it just is! Sort of a zen holiday." *sigh* I never thought of it that way.....thanks to U Chris for showing me a new light on that Holiday!!!!! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)




And my Sarah!!! This WOMAN has like the PERFECT photos EVERY TIME!!! *tinge of jealously* LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that family photo of Sarah and her Mom, Dad and Brothers!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!! And then those ADORABLE little gingerbread men and those YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY pompoms!!! BEAUTIFUL Sarah! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And look look look look at this BEAUTY from Hanneke!! Her FAVE HOLIDAY is  Sinterklaas!!!!! This is what Hanneke has to say about her LO: "My fave holiday is a Dutch one Sinterklaas (yes that does look like Santa but it is different) Every year Sinterklaas comes from Spain with a boat to the Netherlands to celebrate his birthday with all the kids! He also has a helper called Zwarte Piet!! In the weeks Sinterklaas is here the kids can put their shoes near the fireplace and at night he puts candy or little presents in them !!! The kids also celebrate this at school, and that is where this photo of Finn was taken a few years ago (he doesn't believe anymore) !!! The title is a line from a Sinterklaassong and it means: His heart beats full of expectation!!"  Ummmmmmmmmmmm Hanneke....U better be telling Finn to believe again...cuz even Julie believes in Santa!!! LOL!! Ummmmmmmm well MY PAYCHECK knows that Santa is REAL!!! LOL!!!! I love love love love love love love the colors on this...the distressing...JUST WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! AMAZING Hanneke! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


And then Julie Julie Julie!!! My LO showcases my FAVE HOLIDAY CHRISTMAS!!!! Any of U that visit my personal blog...know that I am a CHRISTMAS fanatic!! LOL!!! My nickname is
Mrs. Griswold!! LOL!!! I put up about 7,000 lights in the front of the house...and the inside of the house is all decked out too!! LOL!!! And let's see....ummmmmmmmmmmmm yeah...I don't wait till the day AFTER Thanksgiving to decorate ... or the day after Sinterklaas comes to the Netherlands...lol...I DO IT all IN STYLE wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in the beginning of NOVEMBER!! LOL LOL LOL!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)


Soooooooooooooo I know this is a BUSY time of YEAR for everyone....but I am hoping that U all can take a moment and make a lo telling us all about your FAVE HOLIDAY!!!!! U have until the evening of December 14th to get your projects into us!!! Remember... there is no criteria with us!! :):):):):):):):):):):) We just give U a FAVE THING and U make what your heart desires...a lo, a card, a wall hanging, an altered project...whatever U want!!! We just want to see it! LOVE TO ALL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

35 comments:

Jessica Wilson said...

OMG, first of all YAY...I'm so excited and thank you for the birthday wish!!! And a present from you could definitely be my bday present!!!! Second, all the DT layouts are GORGEOUS!! Oh, and I LOVE that rubix cube and mini the girls did for the decades....GENIUS! Lastly, I MUST DO AN ELF VIDEO WITH LUCAS AND ISABELLE'S PICS!! That is too freakin funny. I loved them all:):) Thanks again, Love, Jess

Jessica Wilson said...

Oh, btw Julie I love the page you decided to put on here of my mini....I wonder why you put that one???? LOL!!

Hanneke said...

WOW We have THREE winners!!!!I was so difficult again!! Congrats Soraya, Marit and a double congrats to Jessi!!!! Love all the fab holidays LO's and to read about everybodies traditions!! I hope to see a lot more of them, so make some time and join us!!!!

Jenneke said...

CONGRATS to Soraya, Marit (2 Dutchies, yeahhh!!!) and a double congrats to Jessi!! The three of you made such GREAT mini's!! I ADORE them!!!
And wow, my friends of this wonderful blog: you all made GORGEOUS layouts again!!!!!
And now it's your turn!

Jana said...

Congratulations to all winners...Your scraps are amazing!!!!
I can't tell you how beatiful are the allchristmasy creations this time...It's like is Christmas already!!!!

Lydia Siegel said...

FABULOUS LOS from the DT! You ladies rock each challenge every time!

Marit said...

EEEEkkk, I won something!!!! Thank you girls, thank you!!!! I had a great time working on my mini and was very satisfied with the result myself, so it's really nice that YOU all think it's nice too!!!
Congrats to Soraya and Jessi too!

I'm not a holiday-lover myself, but looking at all those gorgeous X-mas layouts the DT made, I think I'm beginning to love Christmas after all... LOL!!! You did a marvelous job ladies! LOVE every one of it!

Lisa said...

Congrats to the winners!!! And Jessi, Happy Birthday, my dear! To the DT...you ladies are amazing. I never cease to find inspiration in your beautiful work. Can't wait to see all the submissions for this challenge! I think this is my favorite "favorite" so far!!!

Deana said...

CONGRATULATIONS to the 3 fabulous winners! So many WAY COOL Fav Decade LO's... you ALL rocked that challenge!

I'm laughing out loud about Jenneke's ex-husband's photo altered as Santa. That is TOO FUNNY!

I ♥ all the DT LO's! You all amaze & inspire me!

Big hugs...

sarah said...

congrats to all of our winners!!!! you guys really did a wonderful job with that challenge!

...and everyone's work for this challenge looks GREAT! :) each one of them is so unique with its own flair. :)

can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

hugs,
sarah.

Scrappi Sandi said...

Huge Congrats to the winners.....so well desrved!!

My poor house didn't get vaccumed this morning as I enjoyed watching all of you 'Elf Dancing & Singing'!! Then I spent a happy time 'Elfing' me & mine!! Thanks for that link...so fabulous!!

Amazing work on the DT LO's for Fave Holiday....it is a busy time ahead...BUT....you can be sure I will be doing this one too!!

Unknown said...

Congrats girls with your winnig challenge.Lovely new work from DT and a great challenge again.
bye bye,Lean.

MirjamC said...

congrats to the winners!!!love the new challenge and what a wonderful work from the dt!!!

Soraya said...

Wow... I'm soooo excited that I've won! Thank you so much!!!!
This challenge was so much fun, the making of the cube was like a puzzle... I even dreamt about it... what goes where and how does it fold. But then the inspiration took over, and this is the result.
Congrats to Marit and Jenni too, I loved your mini's.

Great new challenge, and I love all the DT LO's. Wow... great job. And still a few days and then... Hanneke... yes, Sinterklaas comes. I'm gonna get my shoe ready :))) LOL
(Sinterklaas kapoentje, gooi wat in mijn schoentje, gooi wat in mijn laarsje, dank u sinterklaasje...) = a dutch "Sinterklaas" song.

Anonymous said...

Wahooo...love to see us elfed..it's hilarious Julie!We are some good looking dancing and singing elfs...awesome job!
Congrats Jessi with winning and with your birthday!Soraya and Marit huge congrats girls...amazing work!And thank you all for joining us..loved to see all the fave decades!

Loving what the Dt girls made...Jenneke you are so funny turning your ex into Santa!!And Hanneke yes Sinterklaas...such a great holiday over here..love it!
Can't wait to see all your fave holidays ;)

Nicole Renee said...

Love how almost everyone, except Chris, picked Christmas! This is a great challenge, great work from the DT. Love those elf yourself cards too. SO FUNNY!

Unknown said...

Congrats to all the winners... what fabulous projects!!! I love what the DT created... what great mojo! I can't wait to create something for this one!!! But which holiday to choose...

Unknown said...

you guys always have some mega talent here! always SO inspiring!!

Glenda T. said...

I wish mine was a little more original but here is my favorite holiday! haha

http://somewhereovertherainbowunicornsdream.blogspot.com/2009/12/technique-tuesday-again.html

Adriann said...

Love, love, love the Rubik's cube!!!

Kat said...

wow! wonderful inspiration yet again! this site is so fun and really inspires me!

here is the link to my layout for this challenge: http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/310307/view/2484919.html

Anonymous said...

Wow... just love to see the favorite holidays of the DT. They look amazing!! It was very inspiring and I had so much fun making mine...
Here it is:
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=195697&imgid=0&user_id=17972

marimari said...

This challenge was so much fun!
Here is mine.
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=195734&user_id=15057
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=195735&user_id=15057

Jenna Ruth said...

Beautiful DT projects, as always!! Here's my layout: http://jennifermanis.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-favorite-time-of-year.html

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

here is cynthia's :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=195847&gallery_type=newfavorites

Tessa Buys said...

Amazing DT layouts! So creative! Here is my favorite holiday:

http://precociouspaper.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-favorite-holiday.html

Thanks! Tessa

Marit said...

My enty is here on my blog

Jana said...

I just couldn't help to take part of your holiday challebge. Here is my mini:
http://preprostobogastvo.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-decided-to-enter-in-challenge-of.html
Good luck to everyone and have a wonderful Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irit Shalom said...

FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT PRIZE I GOT FOR MY FAV. VACATION WIN AND HERE IS MY FAV. HOLIDAY- IT'S HANUKKAH HERE IN ISRAEL- AND IT'S ALL ABOUT ... FOOD!!
HERE IT IS

Unknown said...

This was a tough one to choose a holiday as a fav... I love my families birthdays, thanksgiving, and Christmas. I chose to scrap Christmas since I am in that holiday spirit type of mood! HOpe you enjoy!

http://happy2scrap4life.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-is-coming.html

mandysea said...

What a wonderful challenge!! Oooh and the DT creations......WOW!!!!

HEREs mine!
http://teacupofscrapisms.blogspot.com/2009/12/aussie-scrapjacked-fav-things-dec-daily.html

hugs

Scrappi Sandi said...

Just dropping in to say that despite reeeeaaally wanting to take part in this challenge...time has run out...... a headcold, boys off school & trying to stay ahead of the Christmas preparations have got in the way!! Sooo....I look forward to seeing who wins out of the fab entries in the gallery & will do my utmost to take part in the next one!!

Lily said...

I looooove all the scrapbooking stuff!!! I wish I could do that! kep it up!!

Amber said...

Everyone's creations were AWESOME! The DT creation was AMAZING!

Here is mine.. I barely finished..

http://truelyamber.blogspot.com/2009/12/challenge-10-what-is-your-favorite.html

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I finally finished - This was soooooo fun! Thanks for the inspiration! Here's my layout...

http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/galleries/show/17478