Wednesday, June 15, 2011

These are a Few of My Favorite Pieces of Art! :):):):):):):)

Hi everyone! :):):):):)

We have a fun fun fun challenge for you today!!! These are a Few of My Favorite Pieces of Art! :):):):):):):):)  Is it Picasso? Monet? Van Gogh? Ansel Adams? Your kids? Your Grandkids? Whatever your fave piece of art...we want to see it! :):):):):):):):):)


Here is what our DT created for this challenge :):):)

From our GDT Stacy! :):):):):):):):)

Here is what Stacy says about her BEAUTIFUL layout: "My favorite piece of art!!  Well it use to be rare that I would create a piece of art, however I have been altering things a lot more recently.  So I have picked one of my recent pieces as my favorite.  I created this super fun desktop calendar for my studio!" :):):)


From Andrea :) Here is what Andrea says about her CUTE layout: "I decided to pick a piece of art my daughter made. She makes so many things at preschool that she has become my favourite artist : )" :):):)


From Chris :)  Here is what Chris says about her AMAZING layout: "Picasso's "Girl in a Mirror" has been my favorite painting ever since I first saw it as a young teenager." :):):):) 


I love this one from Erica M! Her layout is based on her Fave Piece of Art ... 'The Kiss' by Gustav Klimt! :):):):):):):)


From Debbie! :) Here is what Debbie has to say about her GORGEOUS layout: "When I was twelve years old I went on a field trip with my sixth grade class to the National Gallery Of Art in Washington, DC.  When I saw the painting of  A Girl With A Watering Can by Renoir I thought it was the most beautiful piece of art I had ever seen." :):):):):):):) 


From Jolanda :)  Here is what Jolanda says about her WOW WOW WOW layout: "These weeping eyes were made by Dutch artist Jose Botterhuis for a 2 month exhibition in the woods of Hummelo, a small town. A prefect combination of art and nature!
The work represents the deforestation of our planet and was inspired by the Weeping Woman in Tofino, Canada. I found the weeping monkey and tiny animals in an old childrens book (back in the old days, when there were still enough woods.....)" :):):):):):):)


Irini's Fave Piece of Art comes from her son! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! :):):):):):):)
From Leanne :)  Here is what Leanne says about her BEAUTIFUL layout: "This layout is about all the lovely little snippets of drawings that my youngest brings me.  I have them stuck all over my office desk." :):):):)


Jana's fave piece of art is her SON!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that!!! GORGOEUS!!! :):):):):):)


From Michelle B :)  Here is what Michelle says about her SO AWESOME mini album: "Refrigerator Art... every piece of artwork is a favorite... and because there is no way I could choose just one... I made a mini book of our refrigerator. I love every piece of artwork and every sweet note... but keeping everything up on the fridge is impossible... so right before each new season as I'm taking down the old and putting up the new, I make sure to take a photo of the fridge with all her wonderful artwork. It's one of my favorite ways to document our everyday life..." LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):)


And from me :) I chose my daughter's art as my Fave Piece of Art! :):):):):):):):)





 Our prize this time is a $25.00 Gift Certificate to one of my FAVE places... NoelMignon.com! :):):):):):):):):):):):)


So, now its your turn... you can make a card, a layout, a mini album, an altered item... as long as its about your FAVE PIECE OF ART! :):):):):):):) You have until 9PM the 28th of June to upload your project to Mr. Linky below! :):):) Can't wait to see what you create! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)



7 comments:

Miss Jaster said...

wonderful pieces of ART! :) Inspired. :)

Jenneke said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous layouts!! GREAT job, girls!

XXXJEnneke

Leslie Williams said...

Thanks for the fun challenge! I love all the creative layouts from the DT!

Karen Williams said...

I've just linked mine up- Van Gogh- although it's more about the memories of sharing his paintings at the museum with my daughter

Faye Marie said...

I made a fun card featuring Van Gogh. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynnda said...

Beautiful work ladies... very inspiring indeed!!...last minute from me... hugs...xoxo

Lorraine said...

I just love everything on your blog, so i just stroll down and get lost in the magic, thank you